Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Do What You Love

“I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” 
― Oprah Winfrey

This is by far one of my favorite quotes. Why? I get to do what I love and share with others to inspire them to do the same. I recently was promoted to Executive Board Member for Whole Brain Teachers of America. I have been with WBT since 2013 when I became an intern. My goal was to become Gold Certified and share WBT with other teachers. I loved how WBT changed my teaching career. I knew I could walk into my classroom any day and my students knew what to expect. I wanted to share this with other teachers who were struggling like I was before WBT. I made it to my goal in March of 2016. I became Gold Certified and a National WBT Presenter. Many conferences later, I feel like I've helped other teachers see the amazing light of WBT. I have also worn many other hats in WBT such as creating a personal WBT blog, supporting the Forum on the original WBT site, working on the WBT Virtue Math Team, co-managing the Schoology Bronze Course, being a Guide on the Silver Course, and now being the Director of the WBT School Program and the Principal of the WBT Virtual School! It has been quite the journey but every step towards my success has been worth it. I honestly have to pinch myself at times because I have come this far. If you LOVE what you do, nothing can stop you from having your dreams become a reality. I hope this post will help encourage you to persevere and to never give up!!!

Here's a link to a video of me teaching the parts of the brain to my 2nd grade smarties!




0 comments:

Post a Comment