Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Viva WBT Vegas

Last week I was in Vegas for the Whole Brain Teaching National Conference. I had never been to Vegas so when I heard the conference was going to be held there, I was ecstatic! My wonderful friend, DeAndra, accompanied me there and we had a blast!
View from our room.



As some of you may know, I recently became the 15th WBT Certified Instructor. I'm now saying 15 is my LUCKY number!!! I couldn't wait to get off the plane and see my amazing WBT family. We got somewhat settled then headed to Las Vegas High School where the conference was held. I was greeted with big bear hugs and squeals! I was squealing myself because I finally got to meet Stacey Byl who was the LUCKY number 16 for certification! I also gave Nancy Stoltenberg a huge hug because she helped me SO much this past school year and I can't forget Coach B!
Lucky #15 and #16


Day 1 we talked about Beginner and Intermediate WBT. Loved getting the refresher and seeing teachers' faces light up with the funtricity of WBT!!! These levels focus on Class-Yes, Mirror-Words, Hands and Eyes,Teach-Okay, Scoreboard, and Super Improver Wall. What was awesome about the conference is that it mirrored the NEW WBT web site aka TEACHER HEAVEN!!! Sarah Meador, Melissa Ortuno and Heidi Martin did an extremely fabulous job. It's so easy to navigate and plus it's colorful! Here's the link! 
Whole Brain Teaching

1st and 2nd Grade Presenters: Stephanie Meder, Nancy Stoltenberg, Deb Weigel, and Joyce Ray




Day 2 we discussed Advanced and Legendary WBT which goes into using the Wrong Way/Right Way, Recess Practice, Practice Cards, and Bulls Eye Game. These are very effective ways to help your most beloved rascals!

Day 3 was Semi-Divine. Here's a snippet of what's seen on the new WBT web site for this level!

I spent Day 3 with Coach B. We talked a lot of writing which I LOVE the writing part of WBT. My smarties took off in their writing last year of WBT. We can't teach ALL the skills at once so Coach B said, why not teach them one at a time and let them improve on those skills! You can find more at the new WBT site for writing! I highly recommend it!

So my time in Vegas was mostly spent with my WBT family but I am NOT complaining. I did see some cool hotels, street performers, and maybe played a slot or two but what a blessing it is to be part of this WONDERFUL educational movement. WBT has brought so many teachers out of a rut and to TEACHER HEAVEN!

Vegas Fun!


I feel refreshed and I can't wait to share the love of WBT with others as my journey continues as a WBT Level 5 Board Certified Instructor. 


A huge THANKS to Las Vegas High School for your hospitality!



8 comments:

  1. So great to share Las Vegas and another WBT conference with you. Aussie teacher Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! Loved seeing you!!!! Can't wait til next summer!!!

      Delete
  2. You rock, Stephanie! Great having your input and support at the National Conference this year!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I am hoping to do a lot more at the conference next summer!!!

      Delete
  3. Great post! You are doing an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to formally meet you at the conference, but it was great to put a face with the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you were there! Hopefully we can officially meet next summer?!

      Delete