Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Oh, my Sweet Wonderful Class!

August 19, 2015, 22 first graders walked into my classroom. Some were shy. Some were bouncing of the walls. Some were scared and some were eager to see what first grade was all about. We sat down at the carpet, introduced ourselves and began our Whole Brain Teaching year. Immediately I could tell who would strive to become a Living Legend on the Super Improver Wall and who would benefit from the amazing ways of WBT. I was ecstatic that this would be THE YEAR to become certified. The months went on with learning. The Power Pix Wall began to fill. The Brainies Wall began to become a huge part of our oral writing. We practiced and practiced with Teach-Okay. Did many 5 -Step Lessons but all the while having a blast! My smarties were becoming experts at WBT. Then came THE VIDEO. We were determined for our video to become exemplary and it was. THEY worked hard. It's all because of their grit. Not once did they whine when I told them, "one more time."

Now tomorrow is the last day of school. There will be MANY tears as these smarties head onto second grade. I know they will take all their WBT strategies with them and will succeed. However, I want them to know that although I am supposed to be making a difference in their lives, they forever changed mine. I love you my sweet, oh so sweet wonderful class, forever and always.

2 comments:

  1. The last day of school is tough! Congratulations on a great year of teaching, inspiring, and changing lives forever! Have a great summer, Stephanie!!!

    ReplyDelete