Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Forever a Legend


It's been a fast year but a great learning one for my smartie, Jarin! (I have permission from his mom to post about him). Jarin came to me in August, eager to learn but there were challenging days. As I got to know him, I knew he needed to have something to work towards. That's where the Super Improver Wall helped tremendously.This is one my favorite aspects of WBT. It gives each student something to work towards and encourages them to improve.
I gave Jarin one behavior goal to work on a week. I explained to him that if he improved on his behavior goal, he'd earn a star. For every 10 stars each student earns, they move up a level on the SIW. There are 10 levels with  Living Legend being the highest. He was determined to be a Legend in my class. After a while he started to earn stars for an academic goal. For example, every text level he went up, he'd get a star. It amazed me how hard he tried to improve...just for a star! I could see a change in Jarin. He grew in confidence and his behavior began to improve. I'm so proud to say that Jarin did it! He achieved his goal by being a Legend! He will forever be a  Living Legend in my classroom and when my next group of smarties enter the classroom, there his picture will be hanging on the wall. Jarin- Forever a Legend





6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jarin! Only a very few ever become WBT Living Legends! Others will look up to you as a very special leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy! I can't wait to show him your special message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your teaching skill with my young man! So thankful for you and that you never gave up on Jarin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!!! I've truly enjoyed having him!! I going to miss him so much!! I am very proud of him!!

      Delete
  4. Three Four , You are a superstar and your buddies and peers look up to you more than you know ! Passionate leader for sure. Im so glad i get to see this living ledgend in action ! Proud of you buddy !!

    ReplyDelete